I've been quite emotional lately. It's like I became a cry baby. Tears kept on falling for some reasons I know.
However, I woke up today finally realizing that life's too short to get depressed about something. Life is meant for us to enjoy. Happiness does not depend on the situation, but on one's outlook.
So what, if I am alone? Does that make me a lesser person? I don't think so. Last night, I read about the most fulfilled person who lived on earth. And guess what, he remained single his whole life. Yup, you read me right. Jesus Christ, the greatest man on earth, remained single but he was happy. He even enumerated what could make a person happy, and marriage wasn't on the list. (Matthew 5)
So what that I was discriminated? If they don't like me, no problem! They don't deserve me, nordo I deserve to work for them. They wanted me to give up my beliefs in exchange for a not so big amount of money. No way! On my side is the Creator and the Owner of the universe. He will, and can provide everything that I need. Why should I choose work over Him?
So what that my life is complicated? In this imperfect world, nothing is simple and easy. We need patience and endurance. Athletes work hard to win. Students study hard to graduate. They don't get their diplomas just after reading a book! Everybody struggles. And because I brought this kind of life to myself, then I have to live with it. I shouldn't be blaming myself over and over again because nothing would happen. It wouldn't bring me back to the past. It wouldn't undo things. I shouldn't think of the 'what ifs.' It wouldn't get me anywhere either.
So I have this simple rule: accept what life offers one day at a time. Usually, there's always something good everyday. Well, waking up is one huge blessing. All I need is to appreciate little things to enjoy the greatness of life.
No comments:
Post a Comment