Today, I am alone traveling to the province's capital by jeepney. I choose to sit behind the driver so I won't be bothered by anyone. I also think this is the safest place when you're commuting.
| the driver beside the pensive me |
The travel time is 45 minutes to an hour. But the view is superb. Coconut and century-old trees line the road. Lush mountains on the left and rice fields on the right. Native houses here and there. I think this place is a semi-paradise.
| blurred |
When I look at people, I sometimes see myself in them. We are all basically the same. We all feel the same emotions. We do the same things- wake up, eat, and try to survive. It's just that each of us handles things differently so some emerge successful and others fail. And I don't want to be in the failing half.
Now I am traveling because I want to survive. You see, Aklan is a nice place but it doesn't offer a lot of career opportunities. Some people here unknowingly hinder the progress that this place can have by being too narrow-minded. No wonder why many leave the place to work abroad or to some other areas where the pasture is greener. They think Aklan is just good for vacation not for permanent residence.
I am here to prove them wrong. This place has lots of potential.
Anyway, enough of this. I need to get off the jeep. 'Til next time I write my thoughts down.
No comments:
Post a Comment